Pronouns: She/Her/ Hers
Namaste, I’m so glad you’re here. The desire to engage in the therapy process is a huge step in your journey, and I am thrilled you are considering allowing me to walk alongside you in it.
As a holistic counselor, I believe in meeting clients where they are at in their counseling journey. I believe that individuals have the intrinsic ability to want to grow and change, and I think that even when we are stuck, there are pieces of us fighting to want still to do better and grow. It is our job in counseling process to find these pieces and utilize them to grow and change.
We are a culmination of our life experiences to this point, although our life narrative or “story” does not have to define us. In therapy, I believe that it is crucial to empower clients to write their own stories. I think that change happens when we can begin to integrate our opposing philosophies. For instance, acceptance of our current life path and knowing we need to change and grow.
- DBT Therapy
- Co-facilitator of weekly adult DBT group meeting Thursdays from 1030am-12:00pm
- Trauma work
- Eating Disorder Work
- Affirmative counseling for Therapy for LGBTQIA+ population
- Individual counseling for all ages
- Supervision for Pre-licensed clinicians and interns (please e-mail with any inquiries)
- EdD Shippensburg University of PA- December 2022. Dissertation Title: The Self-Care of 10 Pennsylvania Counselors in Private Practice During COVID-19: A Phenomenological Photo Elicitation Study.
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Shippensburg University of PA. Degree completed: May 2012.
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology: Shippensburg University of PA. Degree Completed: May 2008.
License, Certificates, & Awards
- Licensed Professional Counselor in PA (PC007853)
- TFCBT certified therapist- 2016
- NCC 20014 (302572)
- Certificate in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy 2020
- Certificate in Developmental Trauma – 2019
- PCA Outstanding Counselor Award- 2019
- PCA David W. Hall Advocacy Award- 2019
- Extensive addictions training
- Extensive training in affirmative counseling for LGBTQIA+
- Member of American Counseling Association (ACA) and the following divisions:
- ACES (North Atlantic and Central Regions)
- Member of Pennsylvania Counseling Association
For my own self-care I enjoy getting outside, hiking, and traveling. I love to hike national parks. My favorite national park site is Delicate Arche at Arches National Park, Utah. I also spend my spare time cuddling with my dog, Remedy, reading, and visiting Universal Studios, FL.