Hello, I’m Neysa Thomas, and I am fueled by a profound passion for guiding individuals through the challenging and often painful aspects of their lives via the transformative power of counseling. My mission is to create a safe, non-judgmental, warm, and welcoming environment where you can embrace your true self and embark on a journey toward healing.
I believe in a person-centered and focused approach, recognizing that nobody understands you better than you understand yourself. In our sessions, I commit to being an empathetic and active listener, ensuring that your unique experiences are not just heard but deeply understood. Together, we will work towards empowering you on your path through counseling, drawing on your inherent strengths and resilience.
My goal is to help you build a personalized toolbox for coping with life’s challenges. By providing guidance, support, and fostering a space for self-discovery, I aim to facilitate the growth and transformation you seek. Life’s journey can be challenging, but with the right support and a commitment to your own well-being, positive change is not only possible but achievable.
- Experience in working with adolescents and adults.
- Open to working with all ages and concerns
- Worked with adults and adolescents with a history of complex trauma
- Currently facilitating a weekly psycho-educational group at the Shippensburg Middle School
- Neysa is currently working under the supervision of Tish Weikel, NCC LPC C-DBT.
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Shippensburg University, expected graduation date is May 2024
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, University of South Dakota, May 2008
License, Certificates, & Awards
- Chi Sigma Iota-Upsilon Chapter, Shippensburg University
- American Counseling Association Member (ACA)
- Psychological First Aid (PFA) Certification
My son brings me more joy than I could ever put into words. He is the funniest person I know and inspires me to be a better person. I find a great deal of peace in music and journaling. I enjoy gardening, cooking, traveling, and spending time with family and friends, and my two cats, Clementine and Beatrix.