Hello, and welcome to Phoenix! I am very excited to be working alongside a wide variety of experienced professional counselors! I take a person/client-centered and focused approach to counseling. It is my belief that the clients know best and already possess the necessary tools to make the changes in their life they desire. As a counselor, I aim to build a therapeutic alliance with my clients to help them unlock and discover these tools so that they may use them to their fullest capacity! As I like to say, the client is in the driver’s seat, and I am just holding the map.
I believe that people start the healing process once they feel validated and heard. I strive to assist individuals with creating a collaborative therapy session that encourages building awareness, developing meaningful coping skills, and connecting with positive supports. I enjoy using creative outlets for therapeutic art and play activities. I have a foundation for using CBT, mindfulness, DBT, and trauma informed interventions.
- Savannah is currently working under the supervision of Tish Weikel, NCC LPC C-DBT.
- Primarily experienced in working with young adults to middle-aged adults
- Has experience doing family-based counseling, BHT work, outpatient counseling, drug and alcohol counseling, academic counseling/coaching, and
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Shippensburg University, expected graduation date is May 2024
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a minor in Sociology, Shippensburg University, May 2021
License, Certificates, & Awards
- Chi Sigma Iota-Upsilon Chapter, Shippensburg University 2023
- American Counseling Association Member (ACA) since 2021
In my free time, I love to spend time with my Basset Hound, Minnie. I enjoy being with my friends, family, and husband, and I am an avid bike rider. I love watching movies and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and anything Harry Potter related.