My name is Kate Howe and I welcome you to Phoenix Counseling Services, where you will find a holistic and person-centered atmosphere. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and I connect with others through compassion, encouragement, and creativity. I recognize the importance of the therapeutic relationship and how it can impact the change process. My goal is to provide you with a safe and affirming place to express yourself and develop into your full potential.
I believe that people start the healing process once they feel validated and heard. I strive to assist individuals with creating a collaborative therapy session that encourages building awareness, developing meaningful coping skills, and connecting with positive supports. I enjoy using creative outlets for therapeutic art and play activities. I have a foundation for using CBT, mindfulness, DBT, and trauma informed interventions.
- Individual and group therapy sessions provided to children, teens, and adults.
- Specialize in treating anxiety, depression, OCD, trauma, addiction/recovery, gender identity, and major life transitions.
- Co-facilitator or weekly adult DBT group that meets Thursday 1030am-12:00pm.
- Degree: Masters of Social Work School: Shippensburg University Date graduated: 2013
- Degree: Bachelors of Social Work School: Shippensburg University Date graduated: 2011
License, Certificates, & Awards
- LCSW – CW019477
- TF-CBT 2016
- DBT- pending certification
Outside of the therapy office, I am also a dance teacher. Creative expression is an outlet for me and has positively influenced my life. I also enjoy listening to music, camping, kayaking, going to the beach, playing fetch with my chocolate lab, and spending time with my friends and family. Other self-care activities that help me are mindfulness meditation, painting my nails, exercise, and getting massages.